What is St. Catherine's all about?
St. Catherine’s Church is made up of people probably not too different to you - families, single people, kids, teens, 20 & 30-somethings, parents, professionals, unemployed, office workers, factory workers, retired people. We aren't religious (in the traditional sense), we aren't perfect, we aren't weird (mostly) and we aren't going to judge you when you come in. In fact, we want to welcome you and do all we can to make you feel at home.
We are first and foremost a Christian Church. We are centred on the person and work of Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He came to earth and lived a perfect life, died on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins, and through faith in Him, we can have a relationship with God.
We are also an evangelical and charismatic expression of worship within the Church of Ireland (Anglican / Episcopalian). We are located in the heart of Dublin city.
THE MISSION OF ST. CATHERINE'S:
CITY OUTREACH THROUGH RENEWAL AND EVANGELISM
- CITY: We love Dublin and want to see every part of it transformed by the power and presence of Jesus through His people.
- OUTREACH: We long to actively and practically demonstrate the compassion and love of Jesus to all people, regardless of their background or belief.
- RENEWAL: We are a people empowered by the Holy Spirit, seeking to see individuals and churches experience the fullness of God’s presence.
- EVANGELISM: We want to lead people into a life-transforming encounter with Jesus Christ.
- To be a Jesus-centred community who, empowered by the Holy Spirit, serve our city, make disciples, heal the broken, plant and renew churches, and impact Ireland and beyond with the Gospel of God’s grace.
Our vision for St. Catherine’s is rooted in the ministry of Jesus Christ. Jesus understood his ministry in light of the words from Isaiah 61:1-4:
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.”
In Jesus’ ministry we see this prophecy fulfilled.
We want to be a church that reflects Jesus’ ministry. Jesus proclaimed and ushered in the Kingdom of God, he modeled the Kingdom, called people to be part of the Kingdom and anointed and commissioned his followers to carry on his ministry, until he returns.
We believe that the ministry of Jesus is the key to the growth and health of the church. We believe that the ministry of Jesus is key to the health of our community, our city, and our nation and beyond.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us.